Photo © Greater Houston Convention and Visitors Bureau.
Road Trip to Minute Maid Park
This is the ballpark with the hill in the outfield, and a retractable roof but with big glass windows on the sides, so light comes in. Minute Maid has
a variety of architectural features that don't necessarily work together, but then, Houston has basically no definitive architectural style, so it
makes sense. Seats are fine.
Good points for hot dogs, barbeque. Rather limited beer selection. Rumor has it there's no orange juice sold in the park. You can get here
by public transportation but they drive cars in Houston. Maybe now with higher gas prices??
- Official Regular Season Schedule
- Ballpark Ticket Office: (713) 259-8500 or 1-800-ASTROS2 (1-800-278-7672)
- Official ticket information
- Location: Union Station at Minute Maid Park, 501 Crawford Street, Suite 400, Houston, TX 77002
- Ballpark Directions
- Radio: KTRH 740 AM,
For more information on nearby lodging, click here.
- Inn at the Ballpark (closest) 1520 TEXAS AVE
- Hilton, 1001 Ave De Las Americas
- Courtyard by Marriott, 916 Dallas St
- Club Quarters, 720 Fannin St
Surely one of the most common phrases using the word 'Houston' outside of baseball is space. No problems need be
found, but you can find lots of fun things to do: Space Center Houston, Galveston beaches,
Children's Museum of Science, or the Houston Aquarium. To the west is
Big Bend National Park,
and to the south along the coast is Padre Island National Seashore.
Toward the center of the state is Austin TX, with its center of live music, notably
Austin City Limits performances. Houston is a major city: there is
far more to do than can be listed here. The Houston Visitor's Bureau offers e-coupons for discounted entrance fees to Houston attractions.
- Closest Major League Baseball Teams: Texas Rangers. Some might include St. Louis Cardinals, and the Atlanta Braves.
- Nearby Minor League Ballparks: