Photo © Luke Plonsky (Greater Phoenix CVB).
Road Trip to Chase Field
The ballpark formerly known as the BOB (Bank One Ballpark) provides respite from life's challenges both through the leisurely baseball
experience as well as being an air-conditioned park. Very comfortable, easy to get to concessions, bathrooms, and pretty decent microbrews. Big
concourses. Easy to get out of the ballpark. Altogether a solid baseball experience. When it's 106 outside, that a/c is mighty appreciated. If the evening cools
off enough, they'll open up the roof. The pool, I was disappointed to find out, is just for private parties. Still, it's a fine ballpark, with vegetarian food choices, decent beer, mediocre scotch. The sausages were highly rated.
- Official Regular Season Schedule
- Ballpark Ticket Office: (602) 462-6500 (general offices)
- Official ticket information
- Location: 401 E. Jefferson Street, Phoenix 85001
- Ballpark Directions
- Radio: 620 AM KTAR
For more information on nearby lodging, click here.
- Hotel San Carlos, 202 N. Central Ave., Phoenix AZ 85004
- Hyatt Regency Phoenix, 122 N. 2nd St., Phoenix AZ 85004
- Ramada Inn Downtown Phoenix, 401 N. 1st St., Phoenix AZ 85004
- Wyndham Phoenix, 50 E. Adams St., Phoenix AZ 85004
- Airport: Phoenix International (PHX)
If you want to hike and it's the dead of summer, think hiking in the early morning (starting 6 AM!). There's the Desert Botanical Garden, which has the unusual plants living in the desert. For those who like air-conditioned comforts, there's also the Heard Museum of native cultures and art. Plus there are numerous art galleries in town.
- Closest Major League Baseball Teams: Colorado Rockies, San Diego Padres, Anaheim Angels, Los Angeles Dodgers
- Nearby Minor League Ballparks:
Arizona League consists of 8 teams: visit Minor League Baseball for more.