Photo © PositivelyCleveland: Convention and Visitors Bureau of Greater Cleveland .
Road Trip to Progressive Field
Progressive Field, formerly known affectionately as The Jake, is simply elegant in its design, with wide
open concourses for easy maneuvering, good shops, wide selection of food vendors . The overall design creates openness and yet intimacy: even from
the third deck you feel pretty close to the game.
The ballpark is downtown ,and one can take public transportation (even from the airport) but it's also close to freeways and there's public parking available. Cleveland has made
considerably effort to upgrade its downtown but still faces challenges remaining from the decline of its manufacturing heyday. Beer here: the only
draft beer we saw was Bud or Miller.
When microbrews/specialty beers were available, one buys the 12 oz bottle it's then poured into a plastic cup.
- Official Regular Season Schedule
- Ballpark Ticket Office: 216-420-HITS (216-420-4487)
- Official ticket information
- Location: 2401 Ontario Street Cleveland, Ohio 44115-4003
- Ballpark Directions
- Radio: WTAM 1100 AM
For more information on nearby lodging, click here.
- Hilton Garden Inn, 1100 Carnegie Ave
- Residence Inn, 527 Prospect Avenue
- Comfort Inn, 1800 Euclid Avenue
- Holiday Inn Express, 639 Euclid Ave
- Airport: Cleveland Hopkins Airport (CLE)
The best thing to see and do in Cleveland, imho, is
The Rock & Roll
Hall of Fame
Don't miss it. Other than that, the downtown
has not redeveloped as much as they'd hoped: all the shopping, for example, is in the suburbs. Still, day trips to Amish country or Niagara Falls are
popular. Niagara Falls is in Canada, so passport travel applies. There is also fine arts culture in Cleveland - their symphony orchestra is renown, as
is their theatre. Baseball by day, rock (or waltz) all night! Visit CTIX for discount tickets to
- Closest Major League Baseball Teams: Cincinnati Reds, Pittsburgh Pirates, Detroit Tigers
- Nearby Minor League Ballparks: