Photo © Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau - Anthony Sinagoga.
Road Trip to Citizens Bank Park
As you gaze over the field at Citizens Bank Park, you get good sight
lines, and a pleasing view of the Philadelphia skyline in the
not too far distance. With wide concourses, a good selection of food,
beverages, but not all the vendors appear at all levels and they aren't
open for all games,
so one may need to take a lengthy trip back downstairs to get the beer of
choice, so if you see one you like on the way to upper decks, buy it then.
I didn't look for single malt scotch, but the draft microbrew was
appreciated on the hot humid day I was there (actually, so was the diet
soda). Seats are comfortable, staff was friendly.
The park is easy to reach: take the
SEPTA Orange line
south from downtown for extremely easy access, though there is also ample
parking and the ballpark is right off
- Official Regular Season Schedule
- Ballpark Ticket Office: 215-463-1000
- Official ticket information
- Location: One Citizens Bank Way, Philadelphia, PA 19148-5249
- Ballpark Directions
. From the City Center downtown you can take the SEPTA train,
orange line, to the
ballpark, Pattison station.
- Radio: WPHT 1210 AM
For more information on nearby lodging, click here.
- Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium. Easy walking distance.
- Marriott Downtown 1201 Market Street
- Residence Inn, One East Penn Square
- Best Western Inn, 235 Chestnut, Philadelphia, PA
- Rodeway Inn, 1208 Walnut St (a block or two from Market St, small budget hotel)
- Airport: Philadelphia International (PHL)
Philadelphia is one of those historical yet modern cities. You can explore the country's history, or indulge in the culture and
entertainment of contemporary life. Besides the Liberty Bell and
there's the Philadelphia Art Museum ,
the National Constitution Center,
the U.S. Mint (don't bring your camera, not even the one in your cell phone),
In addition, there's excellent shopping, cuisine and more downtown.
If arrive by air, take the R1 train from the airport terminal (follow the signs).
It's extremely simple, quick, takes you right downtown, and there's no traffic to deal with. Fares are about $5.50 one way.
- Closest Major League Baseball Teams: New York Mets, New York Yankees, Baltimore
Orioles, Washington Nationals
- Nearby Minor League Ballparks: