Tampa Bay Rays
Photo © City of Tampa Bay.
Road Trip to Tropicana Field
The Rays are so far the 2008 story, and now that they seem to have a team, perhaps they can get a real ballpark. Their marketing
folks are trying their darndest to get people to the ballpark. It's not just that it's indoors without a retractable roof, as have the
It's football, no charm. It's a tough sell, even though it does have a/c. And yet, it's still a major league ballpark, and a major
league team. You'll find ballpark conveniences, and renovations
do occur regularly. An advantage to its sorry state is the ability to move around in the ballpark and get different
perspectives throughout the game. It's easy to get heard on the radio broadcasts. Don't sit in the 'beach' because you're trapped
in that section. The upper decks don't have cup holders.
- Official Regular Season Schedule
- Ballpark Ticket Office:888-FAN-RAYS (326-7297)
- Official ticket information
- Location: One Tropicana Drive, St. Petersburg, FL 33705
- Ballpark Directions
- Radio: WHNZ 1250 AM
For more information on nearby lodging, click here.
- Hampton Inn, 80 Beach Dr NE
- Holiday Inn, 234 THIRD AVE NORTH
- Hilton, 333 1st St S
- Pier Hotel, 253 2Nd Avenue North
- Airport: Tampa International Airport(TPA); St. Petersburg-Clearwater International Airport(PIE).
One may wonder whether about Tropicana Field as a destination, but there really is a lot of fun to be had nearby.
Island (Tampa, FL), Busch Gardens (Tampa, FL),
Lowry Park Zoo (Tampa,FL), a highly rated zoo for its
Disney World (Orlando, FL), Discovery Cove: a Dolphin
Encounter (Orlando, FL)
Sea World (Orlando,
Orlando (Orlando, FL), and the Florida
Aquarium in Tampa.
- Closest Major League Baseball Teams: Florida Marlins, Atlanta Braves
- Nearby Minor League Ballparks: