Detroit Tigers » Comerica Park
Photo © Vito Palmisano - Courtesy DMCVB.
Road Trip to Comerica Park
I was pleasantly surprised that the view
from the seats featured architecturally attractive buildings. Another building
had a very large mural on it for the aquarium, so all in all, aesthetically
enjoyable. Detroit featured the first female field attendants I'd
seen. The concourse features exhibits honoring the many decades of Tiger baseball.
There's a Tiger merry-go-round. The mascot Paws is, of course, a tiger. Good baseball crowd.
Worst beer (to my taste) found at parks: Labatt.
I recommend parking in paid lots - I found one in a basement 1 block east of the
main entrance. Getting out requires someone who feels confident about driving
if you don't know the area. I followed police instructions, but they sent me
off into the kind of neighborhood you don't want to go to at night, and it was night.
Fortunately I found the freeway and drove south about 40 minutes to a Hampton Inn
where I spent a comfortable night.
- Official Regular Season Schedule
- Ballpark Ticket Office: (313) 471-BALL
- Official ticket information
- Location: 2100 Woodward Ave, Detroit, MI 48201
- Ballpark Directions
- Radio: 1270 - WXYT AM 97.1 FM WXYT-FM
For more information on nearby lodging, click here.
- Comfort Inn Downtown Detroit, 1999 E. Jefferson Ave.,Detroit
3 miles to ballpark. They have a shuttle to take you
- Corktown Inn, 1331 Trumbull St., Detroit
For the budget minded. But also walking distance.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Detroit Downtown, 1020 Washington Blvd, Detroit
- Inn on Ferry Street, ,84 E. Ferry St.,Detroit.
Includes shuttle to ballpark.
- Airport: Detroit Metro Airport (DTW)
Detroit does sport many cultural activities - it's an old city (by American standards) with a lot of history.
Detroit's Visitor's Center
has a lot of information about things to do. The Motor City has an automobile museum, a museum to honor Motown
Music, and a lot more.
- Closest Major League Baseball Teams: Chicago White Sox, Chicago Cubs, Cleveland Indians
- Nearby Minor League Ballparks: