Photo © Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau.
Road Trip to Dolphin Stadium
Dolphin Stadium is an indoors multipurpose (read: football) stadium that is known to lack charm. The owners are desperately
trying to get someone to pay for their baseball only park, but perhaps if they didn't keep having fire sales after winning
the World Series, they might have a better chance. Still, the game of baseball is a great one, and when the Marlins are good
they're very good. And Miami is a vacation spot.
On another note: I was dismayed to read that the Marlins have a cheerleading team, the Mermaids. I hope it's not a bunch of
bimbos prancing on the astroturf, but maybe MLB has sunk that low. That would be a reason, in my book, to never visit,
but your mileage may vary.
- Official Regular Season Schedule
- Ballpark Ticket Office: 1-877-MARLINS (877-627-5467)
- Official ticket information
- Location: 2267 Dan Marino Blvd., Miami, FL 33056.
- Ballpark Directions
- Radio: WAXY 790 AM More affiliate stations
For more information on nearby lodging, click here.
- Holiday Inn, Proplayer, 21485 NW 27th Ave, Opa Locka (where the ballpark actually is)
- Holiday Inn, North Miami, 148 NW 167th St, North Miami
- El Palacio Sports Hotel and Resort. 16805 NW 12th Ave, Miami, FL.
- Howard Johnson North Miami, 16500 NW 2nd Avenue, North Miami
- Airport: Miami International Airport (MIA)
Miami is known as a vacation spot for good reason. In the wintertime, people flee the snow to warm sunshine.
But during baseball season, air conditioning is critical. Whether your baseball travel brings
you to Miami in April or in August, there's always something to do. If you like snorkeling and SCUBA,
kayaking, boats, glassbottom boats, or land-based activities of walking trails and more, you might check out
Biscayne National Park on the southern Biscayne Bay.
Everglades National Park is another popular destination in southern Florida.
Golf courses abound for others who like a leisurely pace, and there
parks and museums as well.
- Closest Major League Baseball Teams: Tampa Rays, Atlanta Braves
- Nearby Minor League Ballparks: