Boston Red Sox
Photo © Greater Boston Convention & Visitors Bureau.
Road Trip to Fenway Park
Fenway park is so many things: classic, intimate, a dump. Seats are
made for men born in 1890, there are obstructed views. (You can't request a
seat change for an obstructed views, although a friend found you can get
moved for sitting next to an overly large person.) Concourses are jammed,
beer is not notable, but you feel like you are practically on the field,
and then there's that Green Monster. We were able to move lower down in later innings in a lopsided game.
Those Red Sox fans are, um, enthusiastic :-). Take the T (Green Line) to get there because driving in
Boston is not for the direction-challenged. Parking near Fenway ranges from $30-$100, try parking near the Berkley School of Music and walking
over up Boylston.
- Official Regular Season Schedule
- Ballpark Ticket Office: (617) 267-9440
- Official ticket information
- Location: 4 Yawkey Way, Boston, MA
- Ballpark Directions. The Green (B,C,D) MBTA lines go to Fenway, get off at Kenmore from B&C, and D has a Fenway
- Radio: WEEI 850 AM
For more information on nearby lodging, click here.
- Hotel Commonwealth, 500 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, 02115.
Some rooms have views of Fenway.
- Howard Johnson Inn Fenway Park, 1271 Boylston, Boston.
- Holiday Inn, Brookline, Beacon Avenue.
Coolidge Corner shops and restaurants. Just off the T, Cleveland Circle line (C), St. Paul St. Book a room not facing Beacon for quiet.
- Courtyard by Marriott, in Brookline, also on C line, but get
off at Coolidge Corner, and it's up one block on the left, just off Beacon.
- Airport: Logan International (BOS); and TF Green, Providence, Rhode
Island, 1 hr away by car. (PVD). If arriving via Logan, taking the T is often the easiest, quickest and cheapest way to travel to/from the
airport. There's a free bus shuttle to the Airport station.
Besides the downtown of Faneuil Hall and other historical places,
There's the Museum of Fine Arts, opera, theatre, symphony,
plus a lot of rock and roll, jazz, blues and folks music comes into town.
Get a counter-culture paper and have fun.
- Closest Major League Baseball Teams: New York Yankees, New York Mets
- Nearby Minor League Ballparks: