Washington Nationals - Nationals Park
Photo © Public Domain: www.dcpages.com.
Road Trip to Nationals Park
The Washington Nationals Park is the newest of the majors (until 2009). While not going to win championships for charm and distinction, it does
have all the modern conveniences and features. Finally, the national pasttime back in the nation's capital.
- Official Regular Season
- Ballpark Ticket Office: 888.632.NATS (6287)
- Official ticket
- Location:1500 South Capitol Street, SE Washington, DC 20003-1507
- Ballpark Directions
- Radio: WWWT 1500 AM
For more information on nearby lodging, click here.
- Courtyard by Marriot, 1600 Rhode Island Avenue, NW
- Hampton Inn, 901 6th Street, NW
- Capitol Hilton, 1001 16th Street NW
- Marriott Hotel Pennsylvania AVenue, 1331 Pennsylvania Avenue (extremely nice Marriott)
- Airport: Washington (Reagan) International Airport(DCA).
Dulles International Airport(IAD). DCA is
closer, but tickets are much more money than Dulles. There's a bus from Dulles to hotels, but if you arrive too late in the
evening, take a Shuttle.
It's hard to know what to do first, but the place to start is the Mational Mall. With Lincoln Memorial on one side, and the
Smithsonian Museums on the other, and everything in between, it's a no brainer. You can't do it all in one day, or
probably one trip. Check out the Smithsonian's current exhibits and see
which one tickles your fancy, and go. If you feel like
walking to the Lincoln Memorial (whose stately presence is somewhat obstructed by the World War II Monument), it's a
real treat. A tour for the White House is almost impossible but you can walk by. At a distance. For greater inspiration,
If you have time for more reflection, then visit the Vietnam Veterans
Memorial. For a totally different
kind of culture, take in a performance at the Wolf Trap Theatre.
And when you are ready to leave the big city and get into a national parkland, then go to
Shenandoah National Park, in the Blue Ridge Mountains, where there
are motel-like rooms for rent at moderate prices.
- Closest Major League Baseball Teams:
Baltimore Orioles, Philadelphia Phillies
- Nearby Minor League Ballparks: